Monday, January 11, 2010
787 First Flight
Hi. Steve here - making an entry on Cynthia's blog - with her permission of course. Back in 2003 I was working with Qantas Airways on their 747-400ER account. Do you remember this picture of me with John Travolta, who was Qantas' ambassador at the time and had participated in a delivery? Now, I know many of you know how much fun I have with Photo shopping pictures, but this one is real.
Well, in 2003 I was given an opportunity to work on the 7E7 program (later named 787) and that is where I have been working these past 6 years. It is truly a once in a career opportunity to work on the development of a new airplane and I have had a front seat on this roller coaster ride. In April of 2004 All Nippon Airways (ANA), one of the major airlines in Japan, officially launched the 7E7 with an unprecedented order of 50 airplanes. I was asked to be their Customer Engineer and have worked closely with them during the development of the airplane getting their input and managing a portion of the relationship since then. Just to give you an idea of how wild the ride has been - usually my Customer Engineering job has 3-5 trips a year and they are spread out throughout the year. Since 2003 I have put in 37 trips to Tokyo and 5 to France with over 400,000 flight miles. Makes me jet lagged just thinking about it. Well, one of the big pay days was on December 15th when Boeing, ANA and people around the world watched as the all new 787 flew for the first time. Here's some of the pictures I took that day. Wow - that was one emotional moment when that airplane lifted off the ground for the first time - I have put a lot into this program and 1000s of other people have as well. It was a great feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment