Sunday, February 9, 2014

ANA 787 Delivery

Last Thursday I had the opportunity to be invited by Steve's customer ANA to come into Boeing for one of Steve's 787 deliveries. What a fun experience that was. Steve has a pretty cool job. Tough at times and can be stressful with long hours but being around these amazing airplanes and working with such a great customer is an wonderful experience for him. 
They have a brand new delivery center at Boeing. It was so fun to have a personal tour of the center.
Getting ready to take a tour of the 787 that was getting ready to fly home to Tokyo.
I can't believe I got to sit in the cockpit of such an amazing airplane. 
First Class seats. Amazing! 
They can change the lighting in the airplane to any color. Even rainbow. So cool.
After the pre-flight meeting we got to go outside and walk around the airplane before it took off.
Those engines are so big.
Love the zig zag design around the engine.
It was bitter cold outside but we walked with the airplane to the run way so that we could watch it take off.
Here is the airplane revving up the engines getting ready to take off.  
Heading down the runway.
Once the airplane was up in the air the pilot did a wing wave. That was so cool to watch.

It was so fun to see first hand what Steve does during these deliveries. I am a lucky girl to have such an amazing husband who works so hard for our family. Thanks for the fun day Steve. I had a great time...and you have a pretty cool job!

No comments: