Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy 15th Birthday Mackenzie Kay!

Mackenzie celebrated her 15th Birthday today. She started celebrating bright and early this morning with homemade wheat waffles. On her way to early morning seminary Steve took Mackenzie to Safeway so she could pick up some donuts to take to seminary for her birthday. Tonight we had a family dinner with all of Mackenzie's favorites. After dinner she opened her presents and then she and Brooklyn went Christmas caroling with the young women and young men in our ward. When they got home from caroling the party continued with cake and ice cream. It's so hard to believe that our baby is 15 years old. Where did the years go? It seems like just yesterday we got a call from our social worker telling us that our baby girl had been born. Steve and I could hardly sleep that night...December 10, 1993. The very next day we got to see Mackenzie for the first time and bring her home. She was so small...5 lbs. 13 oz. and was so beautiful. Steve and I were so excited...after 8 years we were finally going to be parents! We sure love you Mackenzie! Thank you for being such a fun and beautiful daugther. We are sure proud of you and are proud to have you as our daughter. Happy Birthday!
Birthday breakfast!
One of Mackenzie's Birthday traditions is to open one present in the morning before school. This morning the present she chose to open was from her cousins the Robison's. She loved the perfume and bracelet!
Mackenzie gave me a menu for her Birthday dinner. She chose Thai food - BBQ chicken skewers with homemade peanut sauce, Teriyaki chicken pasta salad and rice.
I made Mackenzie's cake and then Steve decorated it with frosting to look like her i-pod.
Mackenzie got a digital camera for her birthday. She was so excited! She also got this cute coat. Happy 15th Birthday Mackenzie Kay! We Love You! Mom, Dad & Brooklyn

2 comments:

Trent & Emily Davies said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MACKENZIE!!! I still can't believe you are so old!! I remember going down to LA that December with my Mom to come meet my newest cousin. Time is going by WAY too fast!!

Anna said...

When did you grow up so fast Mackenzie? We haven't been away from Seattle THAT long...Happy Birthday to your old Momma too! I had a bag of Pirates Booty I enjoyed in memory :).