Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who is that girl behind the wheel?

Ever since Mackenzie turned 15 in December she has been begging her Dad to take her out driving. So last night before we had dinner the whole family jumped into the Honda Accord and we went down to the church parking lot. Why the church parking lot? Well isn't that where every teenager learns how to drive is in the church parking lot? When we got there Steve jumped out of the drivers seat and Mackenzie took over the wheel! She did alright for her first time - everyone is still alive and there are no new dings on the car! She actually did quite well considering the fun we had teasing her with fake whiplash and terrified expressions. She can legally start driving in June so we have lots of practicing to do before then. We will send out formal letters warning everyone before that happens! Here are some pictures of our first time ever adventures with a teenage driver! YIKES! What a confident looking driver!
Steve did a great job being Mr. Drivers Education Instructor!
Does this look like a Dad that is scared or what?
I hope I can handle the pressures of a teenage driver! And are we really old enough to have a teenage driver? I think not!
Here is Brooklyn faking a whiplash!

3 comments:

Mindy Sauther said...

How fun! I even had my first driving experience in the East Stake Center parking lot. It is hard to believe that your not so "little" girl is out there driving!

Susie said...

I'm sure glad you all survived the excitement with Mackenzie practicing driving. It looked like you all had fun. I'm with you on that I'm not ready either to have Trevor start driving. Scary!!

Taylor and Emily Brown said...

I feel SO OLD!!! How can Mackenzie be old enough to even THINK about driving yet???????? I can't even believe how fast time flies. Tell her I am excited for her!!! Driving is so much fun!