This afternoon we had our 2nd Annual Polar Plunge - exactly one year from last year's first dive into our pool. I think it is absolutely crazy and yet Steve wants to make this an annual tradition. We didn't give our friends or neighbors much advance notice and so we didn't have as many come to the polar plunge this year as we did last year. But we still had a lot of fun. The Williams Family came and took the plunge with us! Brrr...that water is sure cold. This morning when we got up it was only 36 degrees outside. But the sun was out and the outside air temperature was 52 degrees and the pool was a balmy 47.8 degrees! Steve set up the jacuzzi - a blow-up swimming pool with warm water - to help bring the body temperature up a bit after the kids took the plunge. And I provided all the brave plungers a cup of hot chocolate after they got out of the pool! Here are a few pictures from today's fun.
Steve setting up the video camera so we can catch all the action!

Brooklyn, Adee and Sydney getting ready to take the plunge!

Steve took the first plunge with a cannon ball!

Steve and Brooklyn swimming ever so quickly to get out of the cold water!

Sadie taking her plunge!

This is Brooklyn's second plunge of the day! A perfect dive off the diving board!

Rex taking the plunge!

Check out the look on Rex's face? Brrr...

Ahh...this is one hot jacuzzi!

Steve and Brooklyn sippin' hot chocolate in the jacuzzi!
Here's a fun video of our 2nd Annual Polar Plunge. Scroll down to the very bottom of this screen and pause the music before starting the video.
3 comments:
You guys crack me up!! It was so funny to watch Steve and Rex do their jumps off the diving board!! I think Rex even let out a scream when he got out of the pool!Brrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
That looks so much fun, but very very cold. I don't know if I would been as brave as they were. Love all the fun photos, and your cute hot tub. That sounds like a fun tradition to have. Love the look on Rex's face to funny.
I just showed my two roommates your cute pictures and told them you guys are probably the funnest family I know! I'm jealous of all these fun things you guys do together! (You're a good example for my future family ;) Tell Brooklyn HAPPY 1-3 FOR ME! that's a big deal! Whoo hoo! Teenagehood :)
Post a Comment