Friday, June 19, 2009

Schools Out Party

School is officially over! Yahoo! As is tradition in our family the girls and I have been rockin out in the car to the the classic 1972 song by Alice Cooper - Schools Out!

...Schools out for summer...schools out forever...schools been blown to pieces...no more pencils...no more books...no more teacher's dirty looks...

After school today I took the girls to see the new Disney movie "Up". Mackenzie had a bunch of friends meet her there. It is such a cute movie. I laughed as much as the little kids behind us did! We highly recommend the movie for both young and old!

Tonight Brooklyn is at a friends birthday party and Kenz is having a big "School's Out" party. We had 30 straight days of absolutely gorgeous weather here in Seattle and we broke a record for the most consecutive days with no rain. As luck would have it the day school gets out it rains! So Mackenzie's party tonight isn't a pool party like she had hoped to have but rather a hang out at house party! They are having a great time talking, playing wii, guitar hero and munching on goodies.
Playing spoons! Both Steve and I have great memories of playing spoons at parties when we were teenagers. Good times!
We are so ready for summer and are glad that school is out! So let the summer parties begin!

2 comments:

Trent & Emily Davies said...

How fun! I wish I could get off of work for the summer! I totally forgot about the spoons game too...good memories from college playing that game. We might have to play it for FHE one of these weeks!

Susie said...

That is an excellent Way to end the school year is by celebrating with a fun movie, and friends. We saw that movie also over the weekend great show.