Saturday, April 30, 2011

Kitchen Remodel

We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. Our whole house is in a complete mess. But it will all be worth it in the end when I have a brand new kitchen to cook and entertain family and friends in. Here are some pictures of our remodeling mess...

Steve is our contractor, demolition specialist and carpenter. Here he is climbing through a hole he cut in the wall.

Ripping out the old cabinets.

All the cabinets are gone!

Steve moved some of our old cabinets into our dinning room which is now our make-shift kitchen for the next month or so until our remodel is complete.

We only have a microwave (thanks to our friends the Lamprecht's for letting us borrow theirs) and a toaster oven to cook in. This afternoon I whipped up some chocolate chip cookies and baked them in our toaster oven. They weren't "homemade" but they tasted so good!

I don't know if I am going to survive this remodel! We have dust an inch thick on every surface in our house. I may be calling "Molly-Maids" to come clean up after we are all done!

2 comments:

Mindy Sauther said...

Oh boy- what a project! I can't wait to see pictures of the progress and final product!

Susie said...

Pack your patience for your remodel for sure!! But is it will be well worth it in the end with a beautiful kitchen!