Monday, May 16, 2011

Kitchen Remodel - Part 2

I thought I'd do an update on our kitchen remodel.
I
Steve had to go to France last week on business so our remodel stopped while our construction foreman and crew were gone! He got back on Friday and worked all day Saturday on installing the cabinets. Steve has had to move plug outlets, relocate the water line for the ice maker water, install wiring for the accent lighting etc. It’s coming together slowly but it’s exciting seeing it all come together. We have been out of a kitchen for 3 weeks now. Steve had to go to France last week on business so our remodel stopped while our construction foreman and crew were gone! He got back on Friday and worked all day Saturday on installing the cabinets. Steve has had to move plug outlets, relocate the water line for the ice maker water, install wiring for the accent lighting etc. It’s coming together slowly but it’s exciting seeing it all come together. We have been out of a kitchen for 3 weeks now.


A few weeks ago we went downtown Seattle to pick out our granite. 6 stores and 2 1/2 hours later we had our granite picked out. Right now I am in the process of picking out knobs and pulls for the cabinets and picking out a kitchen faucet. This is harder then it was to pick out our granite!


Before Steve left for France he installed my new oven. I now have a double oven! Yay!

We are doing ok in our temporary kitchen.

I am so glad I have my old cabinets to store our food and dishes in. We sold our old cabinets on Craigslist but the people we sold them to don't want them until the first part of June.

The dust is everywhere but it’s been fun to read everyone’s messages they leave written on the furniture in the dust! We have cabinets, crown molding and baseboards everywhere in the house.


And eating dinner in our living room has definitely improved all our manners.

It’s been fun so far and I can not wait until it’s all done so I can cook and entertain family and friends in our new kitchen.

1 comment:

Susie said...

How lucky you are to get a new kitchen! Looks like it is going well, and can't wait to see the finish project!! You have to have a lot of patience to go through home remodels for sure!