Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A week in Palm Springs with my BFF's!

Last week I went to Palm Springs with 6 of my friends. It's a get-a-way that we all look forward to every year. Some have been going for 5+ years. This was my 2nd year going. I'm afraid it's now a tradition and a party that I definitely don't want to miss!
We all stayed together in one condo right in downtown Palm Springs. The best part of  each day was floating on our floaties in the pool!
In the evenings after we got out of  the pool and cleaned up we went out to dinner. Here we are having some authentic Mexican food. California has the BEST Mexican food!
 
Kim and I relaxing by the pool.
One day while we were at the pool we were entertained by this guy who was swinging from tree to tree trimming all the palm trees around the condo. It felt like we were in Hawaii watching a show at the Polynesian Cultural Center!
The first part of the week the temperatures were in the 100's. The only way to truly cool off was to be in the pool. And I loved that!
One night after coming home from dinner we all got in our comfy jammies and watched the American Idol finale together. Here are Chris and Heidi on their bed and Helen laying on a pool floatie! No...Helen did not sleep on a floatie! She shared a bed with Kim!
 Getting frozen yogurt after a fun night of shopping! Yum!
One night we all went to the movies after dinner.
One day Sarah went and picked up a huge bag of Sonic Drive In pellet ice. Oh it tasted so good with my ice cold diet coke!
In the evenings we had fun playing Mexican Train.
Here we are grabbing a bite to eat on our last day just before we headed to the airport to fly home.  

We had such a fun week and I am already looking forward to Palm Springs 2013!

1 comment:

lifeatthewhitehouse said...

Looks like you ladies had a fabulous time!!! I was jealous when I saw the Sonic ice, ha ha!!!