Friday, October 12, 2012

 The LeBaron 2012 scarecrow is up. Can you tell who he is? Don't get grouchy if you can't figure it out. :)
If you want to see more pictures of how Oscar was made scroll on my friend...
 We could not find green fur - so we bought some white fur and dyed it. Here I am with boiling pot of dye at about 11:00 to 11:45 one evening...
 Yummmmmm....
 Here's Oscar taking on his best color...
I wanted to have Oscar move and so I used a BBQ rotisserie motor and created a simple mechanism to make him go up and down. I made a few design changes to get it all working...
 I later replaced the bucket shown here with a stainless steel salad bowl to give his body shape. The bowl made his shoulders more soft and rounded...
 I sewed Oscar's body and covering on his pumpkin head before I dyed it.
 I have always used a pumpkin (artificial one this year) and I added a mouth for Oscar.
 Fluffing his fur up a bit before I spray painted it to get it to the Oscar green color.

 Painting Oscar's coat.

Kia was not thrilled with having Oscar in the back yard - he has not made friends with Oscar yet...
 Here's some pictures of Oscar in the front yard. He will be locked up to a metal post during the day and brought in each night.

 Happy Halloween from Oscar.
 We bought a new trash can and then bashed it up a bit and then I used black spray paint and a rag to give it a rough used look. Needed to be this way so Oscar would be happy - or I guess so Oscar would be grouchy, which is happy for Oscar. Come over and see him sometime.

No comments: