Monday, October 27, 2008

Ward Halloween Party

Friday night I was in charge of our Ward's Halloween party. We had carnival games, trick or treating to the classrooms, carved jack-o-lantern contest and yummy treats. It was well attended I think everyone there had a great time. My parents were here visiting so we put them to work and it was nice to have them on my committee!! Thanks Mom and Dad for all your help to make this party such a success!
Brooklyn's Beehive class helped with the cupcake walk. Brooklyn dressed up for the party as a witch!
For dessert we had a caramel apple bar. Steph and I made 6 batches of homemade caramel and kept it warm in a crock pot. It was a hit! Everyone loved it. Steph is on my Activities committee. I couldn't do these parties without her help. She is awesome! Thanks Steph! And no...our matching argyle sweaters aren't part of the Activity committees uniform...we just happened to be wearing them at the same time! Too funny!
We rented a cotton candy machine and Steve...aka...Napoleon Dynamite and Grandma and Grandpa served cotton candy to all the kids. The cotton candy was a huge hit too!
Here is Napoleon and Grandpa making cotton candy for the kids! Yum...we wish we still had the cotton candy machine so we could make us a treat right now!

1 comment:

Mindy Sauther said...

That witch costume is fantastic! It looks like you kept your parents busy with all kids of fun things. I love how Steve is keeping to the Jon Heder theme with his costume and the scarecrow.