Monday, August 12, 2013

Young Men Scout Encampment

 This past week, all the LDS young men 12-18 years old in Western Washington from Shoreline to the Canadian Border were invited to a Scout camp that included various spiritual workshops as well. There were over 800 young men and a few hundred leaders. I (Steve) was not able to be there the entire week, but was able to go Tuesday and then again on Thursday and Friday. It was a great experience. 
 
On Tuesday, I taught one of many workshops that were available to the young men. My workshop was on Ephesians 6:13-17. Here's some pictures and a video clip below.

Each of the young men on the two teams had a chance to put on the armor and go into battle. After this we sat on the lawn, read Ephesians 6:13-17 and talked about how it applies to their lives. I hpe that they were able to better connect to the reality of putting on the armor of God.
 
Each of the young men on the two teams had a chance to put on the armor and go into battle. After this we sat on the lawn, read Ephesians 6:13-17 and talked about how it applies to their lives. I hpe that they were able to better connect to the reality of putting on the armor of God.

Check out this short video clip that I put together of my workshop.




No comments: